A SIMPLE, ONE-CLICK ACCESS NOTE TAKING APPLICATION
If you are a Windows user that loves the convenience of using post-it notes while working at your computer but hate the clutter of having notes all over, then you may want to give Sticky Notes a try.
Sticky Notes is a simple, one-click access note-taking application that comes pre-installed on Windows machines (Win7 and higher). To find Sticky Notes in Windows 7 or 8, simply open the Start Menu and type sticky. In Windows 10, go to the Start Menu and go to All Apps/Windows Accessories.
Here are a few helpful tips for using sticky notes:
- To create new, separate notes, click the plus (+) symbol in the top left corner (or click Ctrl+N).
- If you want to delete a note, click or tap the “x” in the upper right, or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+D.
- To move notes around on your desktop, drag the slightly darker part of your note and drop it where you want it.
- To change the color of notes, simply right-click it and choose a color.
- You can easily re-size notes by left-click-dragging any of its edges.
- You can copy and paste text directly into sticky notes.
- If you have a tablet PC or a touchscreen, Sticky Notes supports pen and touch input.
To format the note text, use the standard Microsoft Word formatting shortcuts:
- Bold: Ctrl+B
- Italic: Ctrl+I
- Underline: Ctrl+U
- Strikethrough: Ctrl+T
- Bullet list: Ctrl+Shift+L
- Increase font size: Ctrl+Shift+>
- Decrease font size: Ctrl+Shift+
- Capitalize (or otherwise) highlighted letters: Ctrl+Shift+A
- Right align: Ctrl+R
- Center align: Ctrl+E
- Left align: Ctrl+L
- Single line space: Ctrl+1
- Double line space: Ctrl+2
- 1.5 line space: Ctrl+5