NAVIGATE YOUR WEBSITE AND POSTINGS MORE EASILY
From keyword usage to URL length, here are some helpful tips to ensure that search engines and users alike can navigate your website and postings more easily:
- Create a short, simple URL to enhance user experience and usability.
- There are no disadvantages of adding stop words (and, or, the, a, etc.) to your URL. However, be aware that they will make your URL longer.
- Ensure your URL is clean and readable. Not only are readers more likely to click links when they know where they are going, but search engines also read the words in URLs just like they read the content on your page, which helps connect you with your target market.
- Include keywords in your blog post URL structure, such as making the URL match the title of your post.
- If you choose to separate words in a URL address, always use hyphens, rather than underscores. Google’s algorithm does not read underscores. Good example: www.website.com/good-site-link. Bad example: www.website.com/good_site_link
- If you’d like help promoting your website in print, our team of creative experts are eager to help! Give us a call or stop by today.
If URL links change, remember that you are removing a page that Google has potentially indexed and other sites have linked to. To help with this, simply add a 301 redirect from your old URL to your new URL.Beware when structuring URLs, since root folders are often considered to have better or more important content by search engines. For example, www.website.com/page is considered top level content vs. www.website.com/page/subpage/info.