LESSONS THAT SUCCESSFUL MARKETERS CAN LEARN FROM PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS
Whether or not you are a fan of golf, there are many valuable lessons that successful marketers can learn from professional golfers. Here are just a few examples:
- To succeed, you need to choose the right tool for every situation. Whether that marketing tool is software or a new hire, always remember that every business is unique and could require different tools.
- Study the course (aka: your customers). Find out what they are buying, ask their opinion of your competitor, and learn how to interact with them on social media.
- Create a strategy for your upcoming marketing efforts, and be flexible in case of unexpected changes that make your marketing efforts fall off course.
- Learn from every attempt and use this information to make better decisions going forward.
- Don’t blame your clubs. Sometimes failure is inevitable, but you can move on and try again.
- Focus on the job you’re meant to do. Pro golfers don’t carry their own golf bag because they need to focus on the game. Similarly, you should delegate work and trust employees you’ve hired to follow thru on what they’ve been hired to do.
- Track your swings. By keeping track of your performance – both good and bad – you can make better decisions going forward.
- Even if you have a slow start, it is important to stay in the game and find a way to finish strong.
If your print marketing efforts need help getting out of the rough, our team of printing experts would love to help. Remember, other printers may be nearby, but nobody comes close.