Ways to Get to Know Your Customers
Thomas Watson said, “Doing business is a game. The greatest game in the world if you know how to play it.” The better you understand the needs of your customers, the better you can adapt your approach and give them exactly what they want or solve their problems. Here are a few ways to get to know your customers:
- Stay active on social media. Encourage customers to comment on your posts, share opinions, and discuss problems. You can use these discussions to create more relevant products and campaigns.
- Research keywords that customers search. This will not only tell you the products or services that people need, but it will also show you from whom they want to purchase.
- Host events, such as customer appreciation parties, open houses, grand openings, or training events. Make an effort to interact with customers and get their feedback.
- Encourage customer surveys or online reviews through a variety of platforms, ranging from Google reviews, Yelp, social media, online questionnaires, emailed follow-ups, and much more.
- Don’t make assumptions based on previous purchases. Remember that customers’ interests, needs, and finances may change over time.
- Research your competitors. This will not only tell you what they are successful at but also help you avoid mistakes that other businesses have already made.
If you’d like help creating print communications to stay in touch with your audience, our team would love to help. Visit our website to check out our products or give us a call today at 856.429.0715!