Social Media Calendar Tips

TIPS FOR CREATING A SOCIAL MEDIA CALENDAR

Marketing-326.jpg

A social media calendar is an excellent way to stay organized and ensure you have timely content that is ready to share. Here are a few tips for creating a social media calendar:

While there are several social media channels available, it is best to build a presence on a small number of channels that are a good fit for your business. You can always start with one or two channels, and add others over time.

  • Remember not to pack your schedule with promotional posts, since the goal of social media is to grow relationships. Limit your promotional content to just 20 percent of your weekly posts, with the other 80 percent focused on engaging and informing your audience.
  • Create post categories or themes so that you can sprinkle different types of content throughout your social sites. Content examples could include tips/tricks, specials, how-to videos, quotes, events, or re-shares. Also include useful content that doesn’t get old, such FAQs from your website, customer testimonials, or other industry tips.
  • Schedule out your categories on specific days. For example, post tips on Mondays, and specials on Fridays.
  • Get organized and include all the information required for posting, including date, time, text, link, imagery, and even character count (for Twitter).
  • Remember that quality trumps quantity when it comes to social media. This is also true when it comes to the size of your audience.
  • Follow engagement metrics (comments, likes, shares, clicks, etc.) to track results and see what types of content your audience prefers.
  • Stick with it! You won’t find social media success overnight, so be diligent to keep going.

If you’d like help creating the perfect print promotions to supplement your overall marketing strategy, our creative team would love to help. Ask us for some creative marketing samples today!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s