AFFORDABLE MARKETING EFFORTS TO CONSIDER FOR FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Here are a few affordable marketing efforts to consider for your next fundraising event.
- Apply for a Google AdWords Grant, which is a program that offers free Google advertising to eligible non-profits. To see eligibility requirements and how to apply, visit: https://www.google.com/grants/eligibility
- Secure sponsors who can provide funding and help attract a broader range of attendees. In return, use their logo on all promotional materials.
- Focus on your cause and think of ways to attract others with similar passions. For example, consider making a brochure, slideshow, or video that talks about ways that your fundraiser can help the lives of others.
- Submit a press release with a newsworthy angle to area newspapers and magazines, local bloggers, community calendars, and radio and television stations to increase your promotional efforts.
- Create a Facebook event page with event information, registration links, and event updates. To keep information current and top of mind, consider posting auction item announcements, success stories, thank-you messages to volunteers, and a Q&A for your audience.
- Create a unique Twitter hashtag for your event so followers can easily track event-related tweets. Consider tweeting photos of last year’s event, your promotional flyer, and even featured auction items.
- Distribute flyers at other locations or events that are related to your fundraiser. For example, if you are organizing a fundraiser for a local animal shelter, consider handing out flyers at a dog park or local veterinarian.
- Ask volunteers, community members, and donors to help spread the word. For example, you can ask others to invite their family and friends, share your Facebook event, and distribute posters and flyers.
- Increase donor retention by following up after the event. Consider sending a newsletter with an update on how much your event raised, or sending thank you letters, emails, or even phone calls to show your appreciation.
If you’d like help creating affordable print materials for an upcoming fundraising event, please let us know. Our printing team can offer several creative, yet cost-effective ideas to ensure your fundraising event is a success.