THE BEST TIMES TO POST
Managing multiple social media networks can be challenging, and so can knowing the best times to post. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer since every type of business has varying audiences, here are the most suggested time frames and a few things to consider when posting on social media:
- Early afternoons on Thursday is the most recommended day to post on Facebook.
- Early mornings and late nights are the least optimal time to post.
- Video posts are among the most popular.
The less people want to be at work, the more they are on Facebook.
Tool to consider: Fanpage Karma. It not only analyzes your profiles and those of the competition but also manages all your customer conversations in one tool – even composing, planning, and publishing posts.
- Thursday around Noon is the most recommended time to post on Twitter for business-to-business audiences.
- Weekends and Wednesdays are most popular for business-to-consumer.
- Noon and 6 p.m. have the highest click-through rate when people are on lunch breaks or commuting home.
Tweets that are engaging and build trust in your brand are more effective than those that are purely promotional.
Tool to consider: Followerwonk helps you dig deeper into Twitter analytics and see who your followers are, where they are located, and what they tweet.
- Monday through Friday are the best days to post, with Mondays typically having the most engagement.
- Avoid posting around 3 p.m. each day, since that has the lowest engagement.
Build your audience with the 80/20 rule – which means 80% of content should be educational and engaging, while 20% is self-promotional.
Tool to consider: Over is an app that lets you apply overlayed text and graphics onto your photos and is great for sharing tips, inspirational quotes, or adding a creative twist.
- The best times to post are between Noon and 5 p.m. from Tuesday through Thursday.
- The worst times to post are Monday and Friday.
Encourage your employees to share your company’s content.
Tool to consider: LeadFuze allows you to quickly create a list of leads and target accounts through a simple search.
- Most Pinterest users are female and are more active in the evenings, with activity peaking at 9 p.m.
- The most popular time to pin is Saturday between 8-11 p.m. or 2-4 a.m., although the best time for fashion & retail is Fridays at 3 p.m.
Tool to consider: Buffer can help you find great images to Pin from any website and immediately add to your Pinterest schedule with the Buffer browser extension.
If you need help promoting your social accounts in print, give us a call. We’d love to share our ideas!