A CREATIVE WAY TO INCREASE SOCIAL INTERACTIONS
Is your business looking for a creative way to increase customer social interactions? Consider sending a direct mail piece with an oversized logo sticker, die-cut card, or other type of promotional piece that your customers can take photos with and then post them online. For every tagged image with your hashtag, your customer/prospect will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a gift card or free product.
Since you are mailing your audience something to physically take photos with, be sure to include a brief info card or flyer in your mailing with simple directions that encourage a call to action.
If you’d like help creating a direct mail piece that will get your audience talking, give us a call today! Our creative team would love to help.
A STRATEGIC RETURN APPROACH CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS THRIVE.
Can a return policy boost sales? The answer is yes! While it may sound counterproductive, a stellar return policy can increase customer loyalty and also boost additional sales after returns are made. This is because the majority of shoppers who return or exchange an item will make another purchase if the return experience was positive.
While returns are a growing issue for many businesses, a strategic return approach can help your business thrive. Here are a few tips to create a return policy that can help boost sales:
- Create a simple policy with clearly outlined rules (for example, must return with receipt within 60 days from original purchase date).
- Make it easy to find your return policy. Consider printing your return policy on your receipts, including a return policy card with all purchases, and ensure your return policy is easily available on your website.
- If you are an e-commerce business, offer free return shipping, which will boost your customer’s confidence and encourage future purchases.
- Promote your return policy on social media and in product advertising. For example, “free shipping on purchases and returns” can be a tremendous selling point.
If you’d like help promoting a return policy that will build customer loyalty, our creative team would love to help! Stop by or give us a call today at 856.429.0715
AN IMPORTANT SKILL FOR SOCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
Keyboarding has become an important skill for social and professional communications. The faster and more accurately you can type, the better you can communicate with your audience.
If you’re not feeling up to speed on a keyboard, here are a few ways to improve your typing skills:
- Place your hands properly on the keyboard. Your fingers on your left hand should be on A, S, D, and F. The fingers on your right hand should be on H, J, K, and L.
- Once you are comfortable knowing key placement, avoid looking at the keyboard. This prevents you from editing your copy in real-time, which means more mistakes and wasted time editing later.
- Chat with family or friends to have fun while learning to type. Programs such as Skype can help you not only keep in contact with others but also help fine tune your typing skills.
- Check out free online typing resources, such as www.typing.com. It is a great learning tool for all ages and levels.
- Consider online typing games that make learning more manageable. While many popular resources are designed for children, they can be used for any age to learn typing skills one step at a time. Qwerty Warriors is a fun example.
- Once you have become more comfortable in your typing skills, test yourself often to improve the speed of your communication. Check out this free tool on Live Chat.
As with everything, practice makes perfect. The more you type, the more familiar you will become with the position of the keys. If you’d like help creating a newsletter or other marketing materials to increase communications with your audience, give us a call today at 856.429.0715!
STAND APART FROM THE COMPETITION
Creative folding techniques not only demand attention but can also entice the reader to open and read your marketing piece. While most people think about the common half-fold and tri-fold techniques used on brochures and pamphlets, we have many creative folding options available that can help your marketing piece stand apart from the competition. Here are a few of our favorite creative folding options:
- A single-gate fold means the paper is folded inwards on both sides, meeting in the middle, to create six panels (three panels on the front and three panels on the back).
- A double-gate fold involves folding the paper inwards on the left and right side, meeting in the middle, and then folding it again at the center, creating eight panels (four panels on the front and four panels on the back).
- A Z-fold involves folding the paper in thirds, in a zig-zag pattern. A brochure with a Z-fold will open like an accordion in the shape of the letter Z.
- A double-parallel fold means the paper is folded in half twice, in the same (parallel) direction, which creates eight panels (four in the front and four in the back).
- Accordion folds can be ideal for brochures, making each section a different width as “tabs” for product names or services.
If you have questions about which folding technique is right for your project, our team of experts would love to help. Give us a call or stop by to see some folding samples today!
IMPROVE YOUR REPUTATION AND CREDIBILITY
Using Wikipedia for business can enhance your online visibility and help bring you to the top of organic searches on Google. A Wikipedia page can also improve your reputation and credibility. If you are new to creating a Wikipedia page, here are a few ways to avoid page deletion and ensure sure your Wikipedia page sticks:
- Before starting, be sure to read Wikipedia’s guidelines for organizations. Because Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia, you should use neutral language with facts only and no advertising.
- Your Wikipedia page content needs to be substantial and thorough. A lacking page suggests you’re either not notable or have something to hide. Start by creating an outline offline and include at least three or four sections, with several paragraphs in each. You will need several citations to back up your information.
- Ensure you have several credible sources (media coverage, press releases, books, or any other kind of public highlight outside of your own control), that specifically talk about your business or your topic. Also, note traditional media trumps online media within Wikipedia.
- Avoid using resources or articles that appear to be biased toward your company. For example, if your vice president is on the advisory board for a magazine, and that magazine runs a feature story on your business, the article will appear biased.
- When using photos, ensure that you have written permission from photographers.
- If you don’t create a Wikipedia entry, be aware that someone may do it for you. There are thousands of bloggers online that document information. Make sure you take the initiative to create a Wikipedia page that represents your organization in the best way possible.
- Because Wikipedia wants to have a neutral point of view on all subjects, be aware that anyone can edit your Wikipedia page. Therefore, you will want to assign someone at your business to regularly monitor your page for accuracy, adding citations where appropriate, and stopping any potential vandalism.
A GREAT WAY TO CUSTOMIZE AND ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS PAGE
Facebook apps are a great way to customize and enhance your business page. While there are an endless variety of Facebook apps available, here are a few of the most popular Facebook app options:
- If you are a MailChimp user, you can integrate Mailchimp with your Facebook page to grow your email list and share your campaigns.
- Pagemodo enables you to create custom tabs for your Facebook page, such as creating a welcome page, offering coupons, or featuring your products.
- Polldaddy allows you to run surveys, quizzes, and polls through your Facebook page, with results available in your Polldaddy dashboard.
- LiveChat offers an integration for your Facebook Page so that you can easily chat with your customers while they are using Facebook.
- The YouTube Tab displays your latest YouTube channels’ videos in a tab on your Facebook Page.
- Heyo allows you to easily create contests and campaigns for Facebook with customizable templates.
- Facebook Shop enables you to sell products directly on your Facebook page and allows customers to go through the complete checkout process without ever leaving Facebook.
- Livestream allows you to stream live videos from your Facebook Page in real time and track their performance.
- Page Yourself allows you to customize, drag, and drop elements on your Facebook Pages, so it looks similar to your blog.
GREAT OPPORTUNITIES TO ENCOURAGE CUSTOMERS TO TAKE ACTION
Many businesses add customer testimonials on their website and expect them to increase sales. If this is the only place you are posting testimonials, you are missing out on lots of great opportunities to encourage customers to take action! In addition to posting them on your website, here are a few creative ways to maximize the power of your customer testimonials:
- Add them to your email signature. Update them weekly or monthly to ensure fresh information.
- Include a powerful quote on your business card to reiterate the benefits of choosing your company.
- Add relevant testimonials on your product pages that speak to the benefits of specific products.
- Sprinkle brief testimonials throughout your newsletter.
- Design artistic quotes and images for Facebook posts or ads.
- Add a pop-out quote in your email campaigns.
- Create a testimonials statement stuffer campaign which features a different success story with every mailing.
- Feature testimonials on your telephone advertising on-hold messages.
- Highlight success stories on your blogs to promote products or services.
- Consider adding a great quote on your promotional swag, such as cups, pens, t-shirts or magnets.
When it comes to selling your products and services with testimonials, the options are endless. If you’d like more creative ideas for how to market your business, give us a call today at 856.429.0715!